the Fae of Fabulous Too bright? → or ← Turn on the lights?
Scentsy Wax is a sensation sweeping the nation! Endorsed by celebrities & fragrance lovers alike, Scentsy is a relatively new brand that offers waxes, warmers & much more.
I am extremely passionate about fragrance. I believe the correct note can unlock the door to pretty much anything. Any time I have had someone tell me I smell good, they will pretty much do whatever I want. The same goes for home fragrance. If your house smells incredible you feel like you can accomplish anything. And to do that one of my favorite brands to turn to is Scentsy.
Scentsy has an incredible arsenal of scent choices. Especially if you count the "retired" scents there is definitely something for everyone in your family to fall in love with. Whether it is the sticky sweet deliciousness of Paradise Punch or the warm, soothing notes of Eskimo Kiss you will always have a symphony of scent in the background. If waxes are not your thing Scentsy has plenty of other products in all of their fabulous scents. Bring that fiery motivation on the go with you by snagging a Scentsy perfume stick. I feel naked if I leave the house without putting on some sort of scent. The only thing more important then fragrancing my home is fragrancing myself! Room sprays, antibacterial foaming sanitizers, scent circles & even a teddy bear that you can stuff fragrance in called a "buddy". Scentsy has thought of a way to incorporate fragrance into pretty much everything!
We all know that the most famous product is the huge variety of warmers. Scentsy warmers use a light bulb to melt wax instead of a flame. Using a flame can actually burn the fragrance oils so the smell of the wax is altered. Warmers cause the scent to be a little weaker than a burner, but it winds up making scents last longer. The most important and difficult part is choosing which scents are going to be your new favorites. I have had the opportunity to sample a number of the fragrances & will include a short description of each to help you along your fragrance journey. Happy hunting & I will update as I get to try more!
NEW! Updated 2/7/12
- My Wish ~ Very light & sweet scent. Perfect for a young girl's room! Reminds me a lot of those pink boxes filled with conversation hearts. Baby powder & a light layer of marshmallow are very prominent in this scent. I can see why this one has stuck around so long!
- White Out ~ Sweet, frosty snow with a delicious streak of peppermint. Reminds me of Winter Wonderland from Slatkin & Co., but a little more simple & none of the subtle pine hints. This one is strictly snow & peppermint. Great for mint lovers & also people who are found of ozone infused fragrances.
- Silver Bells ~ Extremely light but very delicious scent. Reminds me of white out but less peppermint & more vanilla instead. Very snowy with a yummy hint of buttery cookies. Perfect for the Xmas season when lots of guests are over since it is light & non-offensive.
- Snowberry ~ One of my favorites! It smells just like snow covered flower petals with a dusting of sugar. Super delicious yet airy at the same time. This scent embodies everything that I look for in fragrance. Gourmand, ozone-y & a hint of sweetness! This is the strongest of the snowy type scents that Scentsy offers & I love it! Definitely recommend this one for a festive, winter vibe or if you like something light & relaxing. Perfect for when you are snuggled up inside!
- Eskimo Kiss ~ Light, delicious scent that smells a little gourmand & cakey but very clean at the same time. I imagine Eskimo Kiss would be a perfect winter alternative for people who love clean smells. This is just like fresh laundry but with a cozy note of amber mixed into it.
- Pumpkin Marshmallow ~ Very sweet & potent smelling. Just like a delicious pumpkin pie baking in the oven. Perfect for lovers of strong fragrance & bakery type smells.
- Midnight Fig ~ Smells just like a real fig! Second most potent wax I have used from Scentsy yet. There is a hint of depth to the fig scent, I think I am smelling some type of oak or musk note but it is barely there.
- Blueberry Cheesecake ~ Another potent scent but this one smells a little more like blueberries than cheesecake to me. It is extremely delicious smelling nonetheless, especially if you are fond of berry scents.
- Hazelnut Latte ~ Fabulous mixture of coffee, cream & butter in this one. It makes you feel like you are waking up to a delicious cafe style latte. Very gourmand for a coffee scent but I love cake/bakery kinds of smells.
- Black Ruby ~ Dark, deep & delicious plums paired with plump juicy black cherries. Simply sinful! This scent is very sultry & summery to me.
- Comfort & Joy ~ This is a unique blend of notes. Kind of a lighter scent. It smells of snow covered flowers & just a hint of cake. This one does not last as long as the others but it smells great at first.
- White Tea & Cactus ~ Very light & airy scent. This is perfect for people who like a non-offensive, clean smell in their home. It smells a little like green grass mixed with delicate florals.
- Autumn Sunset ~ The most potent wax I have used from Scentsy. It smells just like you would imagine during a fall evening! Pumpkins, cinnamon & deep exotic spices all blended together to keep you cozy as the weather turns darker & cooler.
- Autumn Stroll ~ This one reminds me of a more subdued version of Autumn Sunset. This scent is spicy like Sunset but it smells like amber instead of mostly cinnamon. This one does not last as long as Sunset either. Was kind of disappointed with this one.
- Paradise Punch ~ Smells just like the huge stereotypical bowl of red punch you see at all the kiddy parties. Tons of tropical fruit like pineapple & sweet red fruits like apple. A very nostalgic fragrance that is great for a pick me up when your energy is feeling a little blah. This one if pretty potent so it lasts a good amount of time.
- Bubblegum ~ Smells like it came right out of a package of old fashioned baseball cards. Very potent & extremely unique fragrance. This one is retired but I was able to grab it during a "Bring Back My Bar Month". If you are able to sample this one I highly recommend it. Not for the faint of scent though this one is potent & has lots of different notes to it.
Back to Reviews