- 1 sugar pie pumpkin (or 2 cans / ~30 oz Pumpkin puree for lazies)
- 1 – 3 carrots
- 1 small potato
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp sea salt (I use Primordial Himalayan Pink salt)
- Ground cinnamon, cloves, ginger & nutmeg
- Sour cream
- Preparation – 30 minutes
- Cooking – 120-150 minutes
- Cut the top off the sugar pie pumpkin. Scoop out seeds and stringy guts.
- Cut pumpkin into pieces small enough to fit inside a crock pot. Add 3/4 of an inch water to the pot.
- Cook on HIGH for about four hours or until the skin peels away from the flesh easily.
- Mash pumpkin and place back into the pot. Dice up carrots, potatoes, garlic and add them to the crock pot.
- Stir in spices [cinnamon, ginger, cloves, rosemary, thyme] to taste. Cook on high until it is your perfect temperature & then add a dollop of sour cream. Serve immediately.